"Greyed Out" IE6 - Tools - Options

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by DrDon, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDon

DrDon Registered Member

I have IE 6, Windows XP Professional. In IE 6 -> Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> address bar. Somehow the address bar has become "greyed out" from my normal start page address, and now just shows: www.zestyfind.com

I am unable to change the address as it is "greyed out"

Any ideaso_O

(Yes, I have used Imesh and Grogster).

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi DrDon,

Just to be sure, are you talking about the setting circled in the image below? If so, unlocking those settings is fairly straight-forward. The problem is figuring out exactly how they got locked in the first place.

The good options are that you did it yourself without meaning to. See this thread which shows that either SpywareBlaster or Spybot S&D can do this and they can un-do it as well: Un-locking your browser's home page.

However, the bad possibility is that some spyware did it, in which case you ought to post a HijackThis log in this thread for the experts to analyze. See this thread for instructions on that:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Attached Files:

3. monica_84

monica_84 Registered Member

are u using spybot search and destroy advanced mode .

4. DrDon

DrDon Registered Member

It's FIXED.
    The "Unlocking your homepage" document was dead on.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.