Internet Download Manager and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by robwaddle, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robwaddle

robwaddle Registered Member

Hi there!

Noob to this board :D have just been searching, but can't find my query here.

Soooooooo...

To download files, I use Internet Download Manager. When it finishes, and reassembles the bits of file, NOD runs. It then puts a screen up telling me if the scan is OK. I have to manually reply to this, by clicking on "Quit".

In my previous sad existence, when I used some kit made by a guy named Peter Somebody:D , I could enter a line into IDM which allowed the AV to automatically close if no nasties were found. From memory, I used a Command Line Prompt of "/ NORESULTS" to do this.

My question:

Can I do something similar using NOD32? I really like the program, but it's so annoying having to tell the system, that YES as there's no infection....
    ....Carry on.

Many Thanks for any advice on this.

Rob :blink:

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Yes you can do this using the parameter "/quit+". Also if you start the file nod32.exe and click the help button there is a "command line parameters" where you can read about all the available parameters.

3. robwaddle

That works a treat!!

Thanks a lot.

Rob :cool:

4. robwaddle

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... having used IDM a bit, I'm not convinced that this is working: there seems to be no pause between the download ending and the "open" box appearing. Also, I'm not getting downloads showing in the scanner log.

Any suggestions please?

R

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

In the Virus scanner program field you should have something like this:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

In the command line parameter field you should have something like this:
    [File] /quit+"

Maybe you have more command line parameters here, but the important part is to start with [File] or it won't work. As soon as you add some command line parameters it stop working unless you include the [File] parameter. Also do NOT use " around the path and filename in the Virus program scanner field.

When working you should see a message in the IDM download dialog when the download in finished that says "Virus scanning file"....or somthing like that.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  6. robwaddle

That's more like! Thx again.

Rob ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.