Hey, this program is so great!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by JJMaurice, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJMaurice

JJMaurice Registered Member

Decide to try FDISR after using a Goback bundle for a while and hearing horror stories about Goback, even though it worked well here. Go through several crashes and bluescreen boots due to the installer freezing and crashing, not finding its MSI libraries, and trying to install FDISR over itself without uninstalling. Thank God for XP's rollback.

Eventually manage to install FDISR somehow. Seems to work. Except it cannot be accessed. A day of search reveals that this program is PC-xenophobic and requires the system date to be set to some weird month - day - year format, perhaps used in USA or wherever.

Change local settings. FDISR finally seems to work. Create three "snapshots" just in case.

Days pass. Sudden OS crash! Well, time to use the magic of FDISR, just in case. Press F1 on boot to, as the documentation says, select a snapshot to boot...

"FDISR: ERROR RII-01. Press any key to bootup Windows"

Hey, that's really useful. That's why I installed a restore program after all. To boot into Windows, eh?

Oops, Windows blue screens on bootup. But... oh! Thank God for XP's "Last working configuration" option.

FDISR, what an excellent tool. I haven't seen such a useful program since Windows Millennium. So, where did I put that install CD of Goback...

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I live in Belgium and my system date format is DD.MM.YYYY.
    So your experience with the date format is NOT true.

I really wonder in which circumstances you installed FDISR.

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm in Europe too, and my dates are in the European format.

What version of FD are you using? The reason I ask is because there was a problem with dates that were fixed in build .166, namely:
    Prior to build .166 I had dates showing in US format even though my setup is in Euro format, but the upgrade to .166 fixed that.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Did you uninstall goback first?

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Good question. JJMaurice probably uninstalled Goback, because
    Most probably he didn't remove Goback completely. Symantec softwares are always difficult to uninstall.

JJMaurice's post doesn't contain sufficient data to figure out what happened.
    That's what you get when somebody becomes too emotional to describe a problem with usefull info.
    JJMaurice's post counter = 1, which is also an indication. :D

6. egghead

egghead Registered Member

No problem here with date format.

If there are problems and Symantec software is involved search there first :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

When JJMaurice said, "Create three 'snapshots' just in case" I asked myself, "Does JJMaurice know what creating a snapshot actually does?"

I feel bad for JJMaurice because with a little effort he or she could fix the awful mess that is his or her system. GoBack is not a very good program and FD-ISR would be a welcomed change, I'm sure. Unfortunately it sounds like a good format followed by a clean installation of Windows is what JJMaurice needs.

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

... in addition to reading the FD manual! :cool:

Acadia

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am going to go on an assumption I have in regards to this thread creation and bring this thread to a close. If JJMaurice returns and requires further assistance in regards to FD-ISR support they can PM a mod if they wish the thread to be re-opened.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.