Can't install Spyware Blaster - Missing sku011.cab!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by User123, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User123

User123 Registered Member

I am trying to install spyware blaster and I keep getting the error message that I'm missing the file sku011.cab. I've search the microsoft forums upside down and can't find anything that will help me fix this. Apparently, this file dosn't even exist and according to microsoft, it belongs to Office 2003 "Enterprise" edition, which I don't even have.

Does anyone have any hints as to how I might be able to bypass this and successfully install spyware blaster? I'm on XP Home with Office 2003 Professional, both SP2.

Thanks

User123

2. ajw

ajw Registered Member

User123,

I've found two methods that you may want to try, the hack way and the Microsoft way. They both essentially disable LocalCache which is a feature of Windows that apparently isn't held in high regard for various reasons.

Hack:
    Open Registry Editor. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Delivery. There should be a GUID under Delivery, which is your unique DownloadCode. Select it and change the value of CDCache to 0.

Microsoft LISTool:
    Download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a3-695b-42c3-9045-b812ba0fed3e&DisplayLang=en

HTH, Aaron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.