View Full Version : Updating over a network with XP & how to update to version 2
June 16th, 2003, 12:15 AM
I'm a NOD reseller in Australia and new to this forum. I have 2 questions.
1. When updating over a network with XP I have chosen to use the "current user" option in setup but I still get a dialog asking should I change user to update, Any answer but "NO" will not work. As I am not changing users surely I should not get this dialog. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
2. Do my customers have to do anthing special to update to version 2 or will they be offered the update when they go to update the database?
June 16th, 2003, 02:44 AM
Cam't help you on the first question.
As for your second quesion, if your customers are using NOD 1 I believe they have to go to the Eset site to download and install version 2. (Some version 2 Beta testers said they had an automatic update to the final but Eset said they didn't want to force downloads of NOD 2 on users of version 1.)
Eset also said one can install 2 right over version 1 but of course it's up to the user if they want to do a clean install or not.
June 16th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Hi CA, :)
1. Does it work with the System account?
2. As sig wrote, the users can download the v2 from here. (http://www.nod32.com/scriptless/download/download.htm) They can install over v1 - or do a clean install - it's really up to them. The reinstallation instructions are on the download page.
Good luck! :)
June 16th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Thanks jan, No - system account option gives server connect failure message but I didn't have domain and user and password set. I was trying to get away from all that rubbish as it was in V1
June 17th, 2003, 08:04 AM
>I was trying to get away from all that rubbish as it was in V1
Try to use the new feature of v2 - the HTTP update method (you should get rid of the old problems :) ):
HTTP update method from the NOD32 mirror:
you can also try a new feature of the Beta5 which should make the update
easier. The machine that is creating a mirror can act as a Webserver for the
clients geeting the update. The setup is as follows:
THE MACHINE THAT CREATES THE MIRROR:
- install the NOD32 v2 Administrator version for the appropriate OS
- go to Update>Mirror>Setup
- check the box "Create Update mirror"
- check the box "Enable access to files via HTTP protocol"
- the HTTP port used can be changed in in the Update>Mirror>Setup>Advanced
section (it is strongly recommended to use the default port 8081)
- use a local folder (on the mirror creating machine) in the "Update mirror
- continue crating mirror as usual
THE MACHINE THAT UPDATES FROM THE MIRROR
- in the Update>Update>Setup>Servers a new server needs to be added by
pressing the Add button and entering the server in the following form:
http://name-of-the-server:HTTP-port-number (default 8081)
Good luck! :)
June 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks Jan. I'll give that a try
June 19th, 2003, 02:26 AM
The http option worked a treat. Thanks Jan for your help :)
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2013, Wilders Security Forums